Thursday, July 22, 2010

Continuing Coverage of the MySpace Hostage Crisis!!!

So, the drama continues....I could rant about this more, but I'll just share my email exchange instead:

From: MySpace.Com
To: jack.bunja@gmail.com
Date: Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 12:12 PM
Subject: My email has changed [Incident: 100721-004809]


Your message
1. I do not have a picture on my account.
2. Even if I did, I would not take part in such a idiotic security practice.
3. You can read all of my true feelings here:
http://bunjajumping.blogspot.com/2010/07/salute-this-or-why-facebook-is-better.html

Just delete the account please. I understand you wish you were still
relevant, but it's 2010. You had a good run, just let it go.
-Jack Bunja aka "Delete This Account"

Thanks for contacting MySpace.

A salute is the way we verify that you are who you say you are. We use it to protect your privacy and security. Simply put, we compare a current picture of you holding your MySpace friend ID with a photo from your profile. If they match, we're cool.

We only ask MySpace friends to make a salute when it involves an important matter of security, safety, or privacy.

Here are the top reasons you might be asked to make a salute:

1. You want to delete your profile and can't do it yourself (visit http://faq.myspace.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/285)

2. You forgot your email address (visit http://faq.myspace.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5)

3. You forgot your password and can't retrieve it (visit http://faq.myspace.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/311)

Sincerely,
The MySpace Support team

From: Jack Bunja
To: "MySpace.Com"
Date: Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 1:40 PM
subject: Re: My email has changed [Incident: 100721-004809]

Dear MySpace Team,
I appreciate that the entire team has stopped their busy day to reply to my email. While I would think multiple hands on one tiny keyboard would be clumsy and not time effective, perhaps this is more like a tag-team type affair. If that's the case, perhaps you have mastered modern sentence structure and have people that are designated to type the subjects, verbs, adjectives, etc... Unless of course your team has developed a hive-mind mentality and one person typed it, only there is not "one person", only "MySpace".

I do however see a problem with your hive mind response. You (or "all of you", I'm not sure what to call a hive) did not respond to the fact that I do not have a picture on my vacant MySpace profile to compare it to and I look nothing like a faceless silhouette. This is fortunate as I would not have a way to hold up my glasses. Please advise me on how to shut down my worthless site that has not been accessed in over a year. Thanks to all of you for not assimilating me.

-Jack "Delete this Profile" Bunja
http://bunjajumping.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant. :)

    I'm With Justin... I say you mount a campaign to have your profile reported for Spam or being offensive so it's deleted. This is beyond ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete